Pest Control in Biscayne Park
Prevention is always a better solution than treatment when it comes to pests. Biscayne Park pest control experts can help you get rid of infestations when they start driving you crazy, but the truth is that on a personal level you can also do something to keep your property free from the pest animals and insects. The most important thing to remember about pests is that they need harborage, water and food to survive and they choose your property because they have all of these common elements.
This means that to eliminate or keep them at bay, you would have to make your environment hard for them to survive by eliminating food, water and shelter sources. Luckily, making simple changes around your home or property can keep you safe from the pest infestations. It would be nice to take the measures even long before you see any signs of pest infestation or as soon as you suspect a potential infestation.
1. Prune the trees on your property from the roofline and keep bushes trimmed from the garage, porches and exterior walls. The bushes should always allow air circulation and should not be good enough for pest animals to hide under or in. It is also important to eliminate any heaps of debris around your property so you eliminate shelter for the pests.
2. Get rid of any standing water on your property, especially on foundation or crawl space. Your roofs and gutters should also be inspected on a regular basis to ensure that there are no leakages.
3. Find a good place to store your firewood and any building materials you might have on the property. Stack firewood on your outdoors creates the perfect breeding ground for insects that love wood because it provides them with food, shelter and water. If possible create a firewood storage area that is off the bare ground.
4. After preparing your food, make sure that you clean your surfaces off any food debris. It is also very important to ensure that you clean, rinse and dry your dishes, pans and pots every day after using. This simple cleaning measure can go a long way in keeping common household pests like ants and cockroaches as well as rats at bay. In case you have any leftovers, store them properly in containers and refrigerate those that need to be refrigerated. The containers should have tight closing lids to make it impossible for the pest to access the contents.
5. Empty your indoor trash can every day and make sure that your outdoor bins are tightly closed to limit pest access to the garbage. You should also find proper ways of managing your trash and settle for garbage collection services that offer reliable collection schedules so the garbage does not pile up too much.
Toro Pest Management company will not only help you get rid of infestations you have on your Biscayne Park property, but can also offer important advice on how to create a pest free environment and maintain it.