Termites can be a very big threat to the roof that you live under. These little insects like to travel in swarms and spread their colonies throughout the area they find favorable. Termites are good at chewing through wood, it is one of the major things that they feed on. Termites can destroy a house once they get inside its walls. They have the potential to empty the walls of your entire house within two decades. A single termite or a group of termites may not be a threat, but an entire colony can be devastating to your home.
The biggest of termite colonies eat almost a pound of wood per day. That’s almost half of a door if you’re wondering how much it is. Once a termite colony fortifies itself within the walls of your house, it will not stop chewing through your walls from that moment forward. Sometimes termites emerge from places you least expect them to be, such as your beds (if it’s made of wood). This would stop you from sleeping on that mattress ever again. Some species of termites live in the soil and dirt, they make their colonies underground but that doesn’t stop them from moving into your walls. For that, you need some form of termite ground treatment.
Termite Ground Treatment
Subterranean termites live in the ground throughout their life in the forest. But some subterranean termites have resolved to raid people’s homes to get a better supply of wood to spread their colonies. These termites can be much bigger and they have a much bigger appetite for wood than their other cousins. This species of termites are more harmful to our houses and they can get more aggressive if not completely wiped out in our houses. There is a vast amount of precautions you can take to prevent these pests from entering into your place and completely ruining it. At first, you should always keep your wood for burning away from the walls of your house. Termite can enter into the walls through the wood that you stored, always keep wood away from the walls and inside a shed or in the basement of your home if possible.
Use termite treatment liquid (termiticide) in the soil and near the walls to keep the harmful pests at bay. You can also use termiticide as bait to lure the termites away from your home. Use one or both ways to prevent any infestation from occurring. But if an infestation has already begun, make sure to spray some of the liquid on the colony if visible. If that doesn’t remove the infestation then it is highly recommended to get help from a professional, namely an exterminator to get rid of this potentially devastating pest all wiped out before it wipes out your home from the map of the neighborhood. Many people in the world such as people in Florida-USA get their homes checked at least once a year for any termite infestations.
Worried About Termite Damage? You Should be.
Usually, you don’t see termites or the damages they cause until it’s too late. In fact, the annual cost of termite damage to buildings in the US is more than $5 billion- greater than that of fires, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
The Best Solution? Sentricon® System
The Sentricon System starts protecting your property the minute it is installed. Termites are attracted to the bait and once consumed, lose the ability to eat, breed and survive. The end result is the complete elimination of the colony, including the queen!
What type of Termite is the Sentricon System designed for?
Asian, Formosan and Eastern Subterranean Termites.
Sentricon® Termite Baiting System:
- Stations are installed in the ground around the perimeter of your structure. Once in the ground, there is only a service cover visible; the stations require a special key to open them. Because of our Always Active™ technology, the Recruit HD termite bait will begin to work right away.
- Termites Eat the Bait and Share with the complete Colony Termites prefer the bait used in Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon®Termite Baiting System stations 10 times more than wood. Noviflumuron, the active ingredient, is shared within the colony.
- Your Property is Protected from Termites 24/7 – 365 By keeping Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon® Termite Baiting System stations in place around the perimeter of your property, your property will have ongoing protection from any current or future termite infestations.
The Benefits of Sentricon® Termite Baiting Systems:
- Environmentally responsible. Has little or no impact on human health, low toxicity to birds, fish, and plants; and little potential for groundwater contamination.
- Once installed, it creates a barrier around your property so that termites take the bait back to their colony and keep them away from your structure.
- Eliminates entire termite colonies, including the queen.
- The Latest technology in Termite Colony Elimination.
- There no drilling into slab and no trenches.
- Total peace of mind with year around termite protection.
- TORO’s Board Certified Entomologist Certified Trained Technicians which specialize in Termite Baiting Technology will provide you with the results you can count on.
What cities have been affected by termite so far? Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park , Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral , El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Creek, Key Biscayne, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater ,Virginia Gardens, West Miami among many other cities in South Florida.
GET A FREE INSPECTION TODAY !