For people who are living in apartments, keeping pests out of their place is a constant battle. If you are staying in an apartment duplex, you know how annoying roach infestation can be. Even if you get rid of the problem, other pests are living in nearby apartments. Pest infestation in apartment buildings is different from infestation on a residential home. This is because when staying in an apartment, you cannot control how your neighbors live.
When you move into an apartment, there could be some unwanted pests that you don’t want to deal with. Regardless if it’s an expensive apartment or a cheap one, there are pest issues in all apartments. Several things available for you to do that will help prevent having pest problems in your apartment and keep them out. Maintaining a pest free home will increase the value of your home and property. These pests need water and food; thus, one usually spots them in the kitchen and bathroom areas. They are also attracted to food sources, such as crumbs on the floor or kitchen countertop, or dirty dishes.
Prevention is the best way to ensure that pests do not come into our apartments. Getting rid of some pests may be easier than you think. Here are ways to keep pests out of your private place.
How to Keep Pests Out of Your Apartment
- Full Cleaning Of Your Whole Place: The initial thing that should be done is to do a full cleaning of your whole place, especially in the kitchen area. You can have a clean place and have pest problems, but clean generally is better than dirty. One reason is that sticky residues on countertops or floors attract insect pests typically like ants. Food particles give pests something to eat.
- Sweep, Wipe, And Vacuum Food Particles And Stains Inside Your Home: We all love to take our food everywhere in our apartment space. For this reason, some food particles may be left on the floor, couch, or living room table. To avoid attracting unwanted critters, you must vacuum in areas where you eat. If you spilled a soda or any fruity juice on the countertop or floor, immediately wipe it clean.
- Seal Your Garbage And Take It Out Regularly: It is not enough to just put away your leftovers in the garbage bin. You have to make sure that you take out the trash at least every night. If you fail to do so, you will create a place for roaches to thrive in. Your garbage is the best place for these Pests to find food.
- Set Up Pest Traps And Poison: Although roach traps are not very useful, it can still get rid one or two roaches. Another solution to consider is applying boric acid powder to cracks and behind the kitchen sink. The pests will brush into this powder, and when they preen themselves, they will ingest the powder; thus ultimately killing them. This powder is dangerous for pets and children so you must use it with caution.
- Keep your home as dry as possible by having a dehumidifier and having lots of air circulating with your fans. Damp, dark places can become breeding grounds for all types of pests, especially in tropical climates like Florida. Watch out for leaky faucets and standing water that may accumulate in sinks or bathtubs.
Are you constantly being bitten by bed bugs? Contact us for pests removal professional now.
GET A FREE INSPECTION TODAY !