Termites can be a real pain in the head. They’ll eat up anything from furniture to walls, as long as it’s made up of wood. The real pain starts to hit you when they are eating up your home right under your nose. You won’t get a clue until and unless they’ve emptied those walls from the inside and left it with a slim outer layer that can break any second. These little devils will give you a really tough time unless you give it to them first. You’ve got to make sure that they don’t enter your house and furniture at all costs, because once they enter through a moist or humid place (usually a foundation) they will not stop spreading throughout the entire structure and possibly beyond.
It can also be very difficult to spot a termite once they get through the walls, so it’s best to nip in the bud before it blooms. In this case, you’ve got to spot any signs of termite colonies living near your house and keep a track of the seasons when these insects swarm and spread. But if you’ve somehow still come to face a termite problem, make sure to talk to an exterminator. The exterminator will take care of any termite colonies living inside your house before they spread any further. In summary, you’ll be left with a small cost of extermination fee and repairs and will be spared from the high number of repair costs if the colony infests the whole house.
Is this damage covered by homeowner’s insurance?
If you don’t act soon you might regret it in the end. In the end, you might comfort yourself that your house is insured for any accidental damages that happen to it. You would just relax and call the Homeowner’s insurance office, but to your surprise, you might not like the response. In such situations, one should ask themselves, “Is termite damage covered by homeowners insurance?”
Well to your surprise you should know that even though insurance covers a lot of scenarios of house disasters, but it just doesn’t cover for any bug disasters such as termite or ant infestations. You might wonder that it’s the same thing then why can’t it be insured? Well, the answer to this question is simple. Disasters such as termite attacks are preventable and can be spotted in the early stages. You can look out for the signs of infestation and easily prevent it yourself or through an expert help. You can hire an exterminator who will sweep the entire house for colonies hidden insight into the average homeowner. Once the exterminator locates the colony, he/she will get rid of it through insecticide or some special termite killer spray.
However, Homeowners Insurance does not cover this because it is generally caused by the lack of interest of the owners themselves. If they did cover such incidents, they would be facing very major losses in budget all the time and would even go bankrupt.
Worried About Termite Damage? You Should be.
Usually, you don’t see termites or the damages they cause until it’s too late. In fact, the annual cost of termite damage to buildings in the US is more than $5 billion- greater than that of fires, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
The Best Solution? Sentricon® System
The Sentricon System starts protecting your property the minute it is installed. Termites are attracted to the bait and once consumed, lose the ability to eat, breed and survive. The end result is the complete elimination of the colony, including the queen!
What type of Termite is the Sentricon System designed for?
Asian, Formosan and Eastern Subterranean Termites.
Sentricon® Termite Baiting System:
- Stations are installed in the ground around the perimeter of your structure. Once in the ground, there is only a service cover visible; the stations require a special key to open them. Because of our Always Active™ technology, the Recruit HD termite bait will begin to work right away.
- Termites Eat the Bait and Share with the complete Colony Termites prefer the bait used in Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon®Termite Baiting System stations 10 times more than wood. Noviflumuron, the active ingredient, is shared within the colony.
- Your Property is Protected from Termites 24/7 – 365 By keeping Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon® Termite Baiting System stations in place around the perimeter of your property, your property will have ongoing protection from any current or future termite infestations.
The Benefits of Sentricon® Termite Baiting Systems:
- Environmentally responsible. Has little or no impact on human health, low toxicity to birds, fish, and plants; and little potential for groundwater contamination.
- Once installed, it creates a barrier around your property so that termites take the bait back to their colony and keep them away from your structure.
- Eliminates entire termite colonies, including the queen.
- The Latest technology in Termite Colony Elimination.
- There no drilling into slab and no trenches.
- Total peace of mind with year around termite protection.
- TORO’s Board Certified Entomologist Certified Trained Technicians which specialize in Termite Baiting Technology will provide you with the results you can count on.
What cities have been affected by termite so far? Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park , Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral , El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Creek, Key Biscayne, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater ,Virginia Gardens, West Miami among many other cities in South Florida.
GET A FREE INSPECTION TODAY !