Water damage vs termite damage is quite confusing. Usually, the termite damage is taken as the water damage. As the termites’ infestation is in moisturized nests. Also, both of the problems result in a similar kind of outcome. Either the paint has peeled or there are bubble spots on the surface. But the treatment for both the problems varies a lot. Some people even perceive the water damage to be a sign of termite damage. Though it looks similar they both are quite different.
Difference between water and termite damage
The element of moisture creates a lot of confusion between the water and termite damage. In the termite damage, various gallery points appear on the wood. Those points are actually the termite feed marks. The presence of mud is a prominent difference. Termites use the mud as shelter, and that is why it is inside their nests. But mud is the source of moisture. And that creates confusion between water damage vs termite damage.
If the moisture is continuously getting to the wood, the water damage begins. The pace of the water damage speed varies. That depends on how much water the wood is soaking. The greater the amount of water, the higher the damage. Further, the damage can happen to a specific piece, or it may cover the entire wooden surface. Tropical areas experience water damage more than the dry regions.
Commonly termites are found in the woodwork that is touching the ground surface. That could be the door and window frames, a wood panel, drawers and cupboards. Moreover, the water damage could be located around the pipes. Such as the roofline, window panes that are constantly getting water splash and moisture.
The water damage vs termite damage could result in devastating impacts if not taken care of timely. Termites damage the wood from inside. They infest inside the wooden structure and begin to eat it. With the naked eye, they could be identified when the wood dust appears on the surface. However, the termite remedy experts use the thermal imagers to inspect the termite presence. That can save the wooden structure from collapsing.
Controlling water damage is difficult. As moisture, hew, and dew are unstoppable. Their access to the wood can only be minimized. There is no prevention, just the cure. In a way, the termite damage also does not have any prevention. And the damage termites have done is irrecoverable. But you can stop the termite infestation.
Additionally, the termites damage the wood faster than water. Termites can eat up the wood the entire day. In a way, that is their job to eat your wood and make you get the new one. And if you do not treat them, they will treat your wood. Initially, it is quite difficult to differentiate between water and termite damage. But for the experts it is quite easy.
So hire an expert immediately, if you have witnessed any abnormality in the wood material at your home or office.
Worried About Termite Damage? You Should be.
Usually, you don’t see termites or the damages they cause until it’s too late. In fact, the annual cost of termite damage to buildings in the US is more than $5 billion- greater than that of fires, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
The Best Solution? Sentricon® System
The Sentricon System starts protecting your property the minute it is installed. Termites are attracted to the bait and once consumed, lose the ability to eat, breed and survive. The end result is the complete elimination of the colony, including the queen!
What type of Termite is the Sentricon System designed for?
Asian, Formosan and Eastern Subterranean Termites.
Sentricon® Termite Baiting System:
- Stations are installed in the ground around the perimeter of your structure. Once in the ground, there is only a service cover visible; the stations require a special key to open them. Because of our Always Active™ technology, the Recruit HD termite bait will begin to work right away.
- Termites Eat the Bait and Share with the complete Colony Termites prefer the bait used in Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon®Termite Baiting System stations 10 times more than wood. Noviflumuron, the active ingredient, is shared within the colony.
- Your Property is Protected from Termites 24/7 – 365 By keeping Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon® Termite Baiting System stations in place around the perimeter of your property, your property will have ongoing protection from any current or future termite infestations.
The Benefits of Sentricon® Termite Baiting Systems:
- Environmentally responsible. Has little or no impact on human health, low toxicity to birds, fish, and plants; and little potential for groundwater contamination.
- Once installed, it creates a barrier around your property so that termites take the bait back to their colony and keep them away from your structure.
- Eliminates entire termite colonies, including the queen.
- The Latest technology in Termite Colony Elimination.
- There no drilling into slab and no trenches.
- Total peace of mind with year around termite protection.
- TORO’s Board Certified Entomologist Certified Trained Technicians which specialize in Termite Baiting Technology will provide you with the results you can count on.
What cities have been affected by termite so far? Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park , Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral , El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Creek, Key Biscayne, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater ,Virginia Gardens, West Miami among many other cities in South Florida.
GET A FREE INSPECTION TODAY !