Whenever you go out shopping for new furniture, either it’s because you’re bored with your old furniture and want to replace it with something up-to-date or possibly something that’s style counts within the latest fashion for home designs. Or maybe you just want to get rid of your old damaged furniture and replace it with something new and convenient, and obviously economic. And now that you have got what you wanted you should get rid of the old stuff that’s taking up unnecessary space inside your house. But how did it get damaged in the first place? Well, the most common reason of all times is due to termites (if your furniture is wooden).
Termites can be a real pain in the head. These little buggers can completely screw up your entire house once it gets fully infested. Studies have shown that it won’t take longer than 3 to 4 unmonitored years for termites to completely yield the entire structure of a wooden house. So always remember to keep the house furniture and walls in check for any termite infestation, otherwise, it can lead to a big stack of bills for reconstructing a portion of the entire house. Also in some cases of termite infestation, one may not be able to spot out any signs before a heavy load of damage has already been done to the furniture or the house. In such a case one should watch out for other signs, such as termite colonies nearby the house or in the back or front yard.
When is the season?
In cases where not termites can be found in or outside the house, people tend to question whether or not their house is infested with termites. Most of the time people tend to neglect the fact that their house can be infiltrated with termite colonies and sometimes they get overconfident, completely missing out on the signs until the damage has been done. Well in such situations one should ask themselves that when the most likely chance of their house is getting raided with termites. Or simply ask yourself; when is termite swarming season?
In warm climates, termites can remain active throughout the whole year. But in places such as Florida termites remain on the move during late spring and summer months whereas swarming often occurs for breeding purposes only, usually during the evening hours when the temperatures are quite favorable to the termites.
In case you’re living in Florida or just visiting your vacation home during spring or late summer season to just relax on the beaches in the evening, you should probably apply some safeguards to protect your house and furniture from getting ruined by termite attacks. Here are some safety measures you can take to protect your home;
- Prevent any wood from getting in contact with the ground.
- Don’t let the moisture take place near the foundations of the house.
- Try to eliminate humidity and moisture from crawl spaces by using vapor barriers.
- Never keep wood beside the crawl spaces or foundations.
- Never put mulch beside the house, especially near foundations and crawl spaces. Termites are attracted to mulch and prefer to build colonies near it.
- If your house has started getting infested consult a pest controller.
Worried About Termite Damage? You Should be.
Usually, you don’t see termites or the damages they cause until it’s too late. In fact, the annual cost of termite damage to buildings in the US is more than $5 billion- greater than that of fires, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
The Best Solution? Sentricon® System
The Sentricon System starts protecting your property the minute it is installed. Termites are attracted to the bait and once consumed, lose the ability to eat, breed and survive. The end result is the complete elimination of the colony, including the queen!
What type of Termite is the Sentricon System designed for?
Asian, Formosan and Eastern Subterranean Termites.
Sentricon® Termite Baiting System:
- Stations are installed in the ground around the perimeter of your structure. Once in the ground, there is only a service cover visible; the stations require a special key to open them. Because of our Always Active™ technology, the Recruit HD termite bait will begin to work right away.
- Termites Eat the Bait and Share with the complete Colony Termites prefer the bait used in Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon®Termite Baiting System stations 10 times more than wood. Noviflumuron, the active ingredient, is shared within the colony.
- Your Property is Protected from Termites 24/7 – 365 By keeping Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon® Termite Baiting System stations in place around the perimeter of your property, your property will have ongoing protection from any current or future termite infestations.
The Benefits of Sentricon® Termite Baiting Systems:
- Environmentally responsible. Has little or no impact on human health, low toxicity to birds, fish, and plants; and little potential for groundwater contamination.
- Once installed, it creates a barrier around your property so that termites take the bait back to their colony and keep them away from your structure.
- Eliminates entire termite colonies, including the queen.
- The Latest technology in Termite Colony Elimination.
- There no drilling into slab and no trenches.
- Total peace of mind with year around termite protection.
- TORO’s Board Certified Entomologist Certified Trained Technicians which specialize in Termite Baiting Technology will provide you with the results you can count on.
What cities have been affected by termite so far? Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park , Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral , El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Creek, Key Biscayne, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater ,Virginia Gardens, West Miami among many other cities in South Florida.
GET A FREE INSPECTION TODAY !