Termites are small insects which feed on house wood, trees and dead plants and trees. They mostly live in colonies form in damp wood. They have ability to completely destroy windows and doors and big trees. So precautions are made to protect your house from these termites also known as white ants. Many species of termites are present. And every species is inhabitant in certain area of the world. If species are present but not natural inhabitant they will cause more damage.
Termites can be prevented by taking some precautionary steps. Solve the moisture problem of your house, regular check the wood in areas where it touches the wet soil, keep woodpiles away from your house. And also arrange inspection and treatment for termites on regular schedule.
How to know if termites have attacked the house?
If you see colonies of small white insect in your house or in soil it is a sign that termites are present in your house. These mostly colonize in spring season. They find partner, mate and produce new off springs. Other sign that termites are present in your house is cracking of paint, tunnels of mud on your walls or windows or any other place. If your furniture sounds hollow on tapping it is also a sign that your furniture has been infected by termites. It is now time to call termite inspector to check if termites are present or not.
Where do termite inspectors look?
When a termite inspector comes to your home it is very necessary to know where do termite inspectors look. Make it sure that whole house is checked properly. First of all termite inspector will look the physical condition of your house. He will inspect all the possible residence of termites like pool, stagnant water on roof etc. Then he will check the physical signs of termite presence. Termite inspector will look the damaged wood, mud lines on the walls and termite stool. He will look the following signs.
Signs of crawling
Termite inspector will try to find out the crawling of insects near windows and doors etc. If he finds any insect he will check the insect to know about its specie.
Termites often form long tubes like structure of soil on the walls, windows, chimneys and other spots. It is a clear sign of termites. Inspector will look for those mud tubes and also check cracks in the wall that either they are filled with mud or not.
Signs of physical damage of wood
Inspectors will tap the wood and will check for the sound. If the sound of wood is hollow it is a sign that wood had been infected by the termites. Also if the wood is cracked and soft and cracks are present on surface it is a sign that termites have eaten the wood from inner side so that’s why the wood is soft from outer layer.
High moisture content in the walls
Termites grow on moisture and damp places. So the termite inspector will check the moisture level of soil, walls and wood of doors and windows. If the moisture level is high it could be a living place for termites.
If termites are in high amount then they will be physically visible. Then there will be no need to check other things. He will immediately start further treatment for termite control.
Worried About Termite Damage? You Should be.
Usually, you don’t see termites or the damages they cause until it’s too late. In fact, the annual cost of termite damage to buildings in the US is more than $5 billion- greater than that of fires, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
The Best Solution? Sentricon® System
The Sentricon System starts protecting your property the minute it is installed. Termites are attracted to the bait and once consumed, lose the ability to eat, breed and survive. The end result is the complete elimination of the colony, including the queen!
What type of Termite is the Sentricon System designed for?
Asian, Formosan and Eastern Subterranean Termites.
Sentricon® Termite Baiting System:
- Stations are installed in the ground around the perimeter of your structure. Once in the ground, there is only a service cover visible; the stations require a special key to open them. Because of our Always Active™ technology, the Recruit HD termite bait will begin to work right away.
- Termites Eat the Bait and Share with the complete Colony Termites prefer the bait used in Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon®Termite Baiting System stations 10 times more than wood. Noviflumuron, the active ingredient, is shared within the colony.
- Your Property is Protected from Termites 24/7 – 365 By keeping Dow AgroSciences®Sentricon® Termite Baiting System stations in place around the perimeter of your property, your property will have ongoing protection from any current or future termite infestations.
The Benefits of Sentricon® Termite Baiting Systems:
- Environmentally responsible. Has little or no impact on human health, low toxicity to birds, fish, and plants; and little potential for groundwater contamination.
- Once installed, it creates a barrier around your property so that termites take the bait back to their colony and keep them away from your structure.
- Eliminates entire termite colonies, including the queen.
- The Latest technology in Termite Colony Elimination.
- There no drilling into slab and no trenches.
- Total peace of mind with year around termite protection.
- TORO’s Board Certified Entomologist Certified Trained Technicians which specialize in Termite Baiting Technology will provide you with the results you can count on.
What cities have been affected by termite so far? Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park , Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral , El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Creek, Key Biscayne, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater ,Virginia Gardens, West Miami among many other cities in South Florida.
GET A FREE INSPECTION TODAY !